[lldb-dev] mind if I try allowing reruns on arm/aarch64?

Todd Fiala via lldb-dev lldb-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 17 10:37:49 PST 2015

Hi Ying,

I am speculating that the rerun logic issue where we saw the hang may be
more of a serial test runner issue.  Would you mind if I re-enabled the
arm/aarch64 inclusion in the rerun logic now that I made a change based on
this speculation?  It would be a relatively quick way to check if the
serial test runner is the issue, since now the rerun logic will not use the
serial test runner but rather the normal parallel runner with a single
worker (so, the same intent but expressed another way, using the test
runners we use all the time).  If we still hit the issue, it is unrelated
to the serial test runner strategy.  If we don't see the issue, then: (1)
great, we have a solution, and (2) I know I need to look into the serial
test runner strategy which may need some updates for recent changes.

How does that sound?  If I enable it and it times out, I'll just revert the
change and we'll go back to normal.  (And I'll know more about the issue,
albeit with more investigation necessary).  If it works just fine, we'll
leave it this way (and I'll know I need to look into the serial test
runner).

--
-Todd