[lldb-dev] .lldbinit and lldb-version-specific configuration

Zachary Turner zturner at google.com
Thu Sep 4 09:40:03 PDT 2014

Check out CommandInterpreter::SourceInitFile.  It looks like it uses the
following algorithm:
---------------
if (there is .lldbinit file side-by-side)
   use it
else
{
   if (there is an app-specific lldbinit file in the home directory)
      use it
   else if (there is an lldbinit file in the home directory)
      use it
}

load settings from the lldb init file that was found.

Maybe it could change to something like this:

if (there is an lldb init file in the home directory)
   load settings from it
if (there is an app-specific lldbinit file in the home directory)
   load it too, overwriting values that have already been set.
if (there is an lldbinit file side-by-side with the application)