[lldb-dev] Process::SetPrivateState / SetPublicState

Zachary Turner zturner at google.com
Tue Nov 11 09:46:08 PST 2014

A follow up question.  Trying to make sure I get this right for the
sequence of launching a process.  You launch the process, wait for the
initial stop, then lldb resumes your process, then it's running.
Conceptually it seems like the following state sequence makes the most sense

Upon returning from Process::DoLaunch()   Public = Private = Launching
After the initial stop is received   Public = launching, private = stopped
After LLDB calls DoResume()   Public = private = running

On the other hand, you said I should never touch the public state myself.
Did I understand this correctly, or is it ok to set the public state from
within my process plugin?