[lldb-dev] LLDB buildbots

Ed Maste emaste at freebsd.org
Wed Jul 2 17:12:56 PDT 2014

On 1 July 2014 17:24, Todd Fiala <todd.fiala at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Ed,
>
> How come I don't see the freebsd builders or build slaves on these pages?
>
> http://lab.llvm.org:8011/builders
> http://lab.llvm.org:8011/buildslaves
> http://lab.llvm.org:8011/grid
>
> Ah - I think I see.  You have your link from earlier pointing to a different buildbot master:
>
> http://llvm-amd64.freebsd.your.org/b/builders/lldb-amd64-freebsd

"It was that way when I got here."

My understanding is that the FreeBSD build master was originally set
up during the early stages of getting the FreeBSD kernel and base
system building with Clang. Most FreeBSD developers were still using
GCC in day-to-day development, so it was important to make sure
everything continued to build with Clang.  It built both top-of-tree
FreeBSD and top-of-tree Clang.  (It's still valuable, of course, but
our system compiler is a recent Clang now and thus build-breaking
changes are normally found during development.)

I suppose LLDB was added to that master only because the
infrastructure already existed and it was easy to do so.  It probably
makes sense to get a FreeBSD builder hooked up to lab.llvm.org as
well, so that the results are in the same place as all others.