[lldb-dev] Platform::GetFile overloaded virtual function

Greg Clayton gclayton at apple.com
Wed Jan 15 14:26:20 PST 2014

On Jan 15, 2014, at 1:26 PM, Steve Pucci <spucci at google.com> wrote:

> Thanks, Greg.  I'm still a bit confused about the implementation of GetFile without the UUID, though.  Is it a bug that this method isn't implemented on all of the Platform implementations?

The other platforms _should_ be implementing this and yes it is a bug on those platforms that require this support. Platforms are optional and not all functions need to be supported just to call a platform a platform. So this is desired, but not mandatory. It is required if you want to support getting remote files, so any platform that wants to support running a remote test suite should support this function.

> I guess, in any case, it would be better to avoid the confusion by renaming the other method, though, as you propose.  I'll do that.

Sounds good.