[lldb-dev] Build-bot host compiler upgrades and C++11!

Ed Maste emaste at freebsd.org
Tue Jan 7 06:21:41 PST 2014

On 7 January 2014 04:46, Chandler Carruth <chandlerc at google.com> wrote:
> Greetings, I'm reaching out as you guys are a big subproject but I don't
> know much about build infrastructure or bots over there....
>
> As you may have heard on the LLVM list, we're planning to switch to use
> C++11 now that 3.4 is out. The first step is establishing a new baseline of
> compiler versions that are supported[1]:
>
> MSVC 2012
> GCC 4.7
> Clang 3.1
>
> If you are helping to keep build bot infrastructure running and up-to-date,
> please check the host compiler versions and reply here if you're going to
> have trouble upgrading. My rough plan based on chatting with some folks is
> to submit checks to cmake and configure on Monday to produce an error on
> older toolchains without some flag to force old toolchain support.
>
> So reply to this thread if you need more time, or if all your bots are
> ready-to-go! Thanks a bunch!

The FreeBSD LLDB buildbots are ready to go.  (The amd64 buildbot has
been failing due to LLVM test failures since mid December, but LLDB
itself tests fine.  FreeBSD/i386 LLDB doesn't yet work.)
http://llvm-amd64.freebsd.your.org:8010/builders/lldb-amd64-freebsd
http://llvm-amd64.freebsd.your.org:8010/builders/lldb-i386-freebsd

The Debian Clang buildbot claims to use a recent ToT clang, so it
should be fine.
http://lab.llvm.org:8011/builders/lldb-x86_64-debian-clang

The other Linux buildbot and the Darwin buildbot seem to be broken at
the moment.
http://lab.llvm.org:8011/builders/lldb-x86_64-linux
http://lab.llvm.org:8011/builders/lldb-x86_64-darwin11

In any case, LLDB has already required C++11 for some time.

-Ed