[lldb-dev] Reading memory while inferior is running

Mario Zechner badlogicgames at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 06:28:05 PST 2014

Hi,

i know this has been asked before [1], but i just wanted to explore whether
it's a waste of time to patch this into our LLDB fork. I talked about our
architecture in [2]. It boils down to having to suspend/resume the inferior
to quickly read a tiny bit of memory. This causes us quite a bit of
problems as outlined in the other thread.

Our memory reads would be just that: fetch a block of memory from a known,
non-stack address. We can resolve atomicity issues on our end. Do you think
this would be feasible?

Thanks,
Mario

[1] http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/lldb-dev/2014-June/004139.html