[lldb-dev] Building lldb on Mac command line

jingham at apple.com jingham at apple.com
Tue Jun 18 15:50:26 PDT 2013

Note, if you are ssh'ed into the machine you are trying to run the testsuite on on Mac OS X, you'll have to run it as root, otherwise you won't be able to launch processes in the debugger.  There's a shaggy dog story relating to that which is about as worth listening to as all other shaggy dog stories.

You can use the -R option to relocate the test output files (normally these get written to the test directory) to keep root from leaving files in your source directory.

Jim