[lldb-dev] CMake on Windows 8

Daniel Dilts diltsman at outlook.com
Sat Jun 15 19:11:20 PDT 2013

I am trying to build LLVM and associated tools on Windows 8.  More correctly, I am trying to get to the point where I can build what I have pulled out of SVN.

I run the following to execute CMake:

cmake -DLLVM_USE_FOLDERS=OFF -DCMAKE_EXPORT_COMPILE_COMMANDS=ON -G "Visual Studio 11" ..\llvm

Eventually CMake exits with the following error message:

CMake Error at tools/lldb/source/CMakeLists.txt:208 (install):
  install Library TARGETS given no DESTINATION!

When I look at the file I see the following at lines 208/209:

install(TARGETS liblldb
  LIBRARY DESTINATION lib)

Would the fix for this be as simple as removing “LIBRARY” from line 209?  Or should “RUNTIME DESTINATION bin” be inserted after line 208?  The CMake documentation at http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:Install_Commands looks to me like the correct action would be to add the line.