[lldb-dev] Losing prompt when running any python commands

Michael Sartain mikesart at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 14:46:51 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 12:06 PM, Malea, Daniel <daniel.malea at intel.com>wrote:

> Yeah, after thinking about this a little more, I'm not sure how nice it
> will be to integrate libedit into the lldb source tree — it looks like lots
> of activity is going on in libedit upstream, and it will be annoying to tie
> ourselves to a single version, or to update the version we build against at
> some regular interval.
>
> I had a chat with Sylvestre (cc'd; he's responsible for the Debian/Ubuntu
> llvm-toolchain packages) and he's looking into what it would take to update
> the libedit-dev version that we're all building against. If it's possible
> to just update everyone's libedit packages, I think that would be a more
> favourable route to a less buggy LLDB on Debian/Ubuntu :)

I don't see anyone extra cc'd?

What would this "update libedit-dev" look like? We've got most folks
running Ubuntu 12.04 and it'd sure be nice to be able to build with a
#define set (or the like) to get a newer version of libedit that doesn't
have these issues even if it isn't enabled by default on those platforms.

Thanks.
 -Mike