[lldb-dev] More ELF work.

Eli Friedman eli.friedman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 13:04:01 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 12:39 PM, Stephen Wilson <wilsons at start.ca> wrote:
>   - ObjectFileELF32 and ObjectFile64 are thin wrappers atop
>     ObjectFileELF and provide the plugin interface.

If the code is all shared, what's the justification at this point for
keeping the ELF32 and ELF64 readers as separate plugins?  It seems
like it would be just as easy to have a unified ELF reader.

>   - With this patch and LLVM commit r108221 we can remove our local
>     elf.h.

Make sure you don't commit this until the llvm.zip is updated with
that commit.  Also, the XCode project will need to be updated, but it
should be okay to just let someone update that post-commit.

+bool
+ELFHeader::MagicBytesMatch(const uint8_t *magic)
+{
+    if (magic != NULL)
+        return memcmp(magic, ElfMagic, strlen(ElfMagic)) == 0;
+    return false;
+}

Is it actually possible for magic to be null here?  Same applies to
ELFHeader::AddressSizeInBytes.

-Eli