[lldb-dev] More ELF work.

Stephen Wilson wilsons at start.ca
Tue Jul 13 12:39:52 PDT 2010

Hi all,

The attached patch builds off of previous work on ELF64.  Main aspects:

   - Introduces ELFHeader.h and ELFHeader.cpp.  These files provide
     "generic" definitions for the 32/64 bit elf entries.  Each object
     (section header, symbol table entry, etc) provides a parsing method
     that can extract 32 or 64 bit data given a DataExtractor.

   - ObjectFileELF is now a generic elf parser.  It implements the
     ObjectFile protocol and can interrogate 32 or 64 bit elf files
     using the same code.

   - ObjectFileELF32 and ObjectFile64 are thin wrappers atop
     ObjectFileELF and provide the plugin interface.

   - With this patch and LLVM commit r108221 we can remove our local
     elf.h.

As this patch is intrusive, to apply one must:

   pushd source/Plugins/ObjectFile/ELF/

   svn rm ObjectFileELF.h ObjectFileELF.cpp

   svn copy ObjectFileELF64.h ObjectFileELF.h
   svn copy ObjectFileELF64.cpp ObjectFileELF.cpp

   popd
   patch -p0 < elf-2010-07-13.patch

Take care,
Steve