[libcxx-dev] Testing std::filesystem on Windows

Stephan T. Lavavej via libcxx-dev libcxx-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 19 15:49:11 PDT 2020

[Martin]
> I've got a patchset locally that makes all tests pass, by either fixing things,
> or disabling tests that assume thigs that the implementations don't provide.

[Louis]
> Excellent, thanks for working on this. If the filesystem tests pass on Windows
> and with libstdc++, it means they might have an incentive to contribute to the test suite.

Yeah, that's awesome, thank you! We've been skipping the filesystem tests (see https://github.com/microsoft/STL/blob/39eb812426167fc7955005b53b28d696c50e8b61/tests/libcxx/skipped_tests.txt#L71-L187 ) but we'd love to enable them and report any future Windows-specific issues we encounter.

Our own filesystem tests (Apache-2.0 WITH LLVM-exception, as usual) are here: https://github.com/microsoft/STL/blob/39eb812426167fc7955005b53b28d696c50e8b61/tests/std/tests/P0218R1_filesystem/test.cpp I don't immediately know how we could contribute this to libcxx given the difference in our test strategies (where libcxx typically has one test per section and MSVC typically has one test per paper, leading to large test cases like this one), but perhaps the various parts testing Windows paths could be useful to you?

Thanks,
STL