[libcxx-dev] Testing std::filesystem on Windows

Martin Storsjö via libcxx-dev libcxx-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 20 14:12:18 PDT 2020

On Mon, 19 Oct 2020, Stephan T. Lavavej wrote:

> Our own filesystem tests (Apache-2.0 WITH LLVM-exception, as usual) are
> here:
> https://github.com/microsoft/STL/blob/39eb812426167fc7955005b53b28d696c50e8b61/tests/std/tests/P0218R1_filesystem/test.cpp
> I don't immediately know how we could contribute this to libcxx given
> the difference in our test strategies (where libcxx typically has one
> test per section and MSVC typically has one test per paper, leading to
> large test cases like this one), but perhaps the various parts testing
> Windows paths could be useful to you?

Thanks for the link! I might have a look at that if I get to that point of
having things otherwise mostly working. The libc++ fs tests do have some
amount of tests for the path handling operations, that I've got locally
modified to match what MS STL returns, but your tests of that aspect do
indeed seem more exhaustive.

// Martin