[libcxx-dev] Windows support for filesystem?

Stephan T. Lavavej via libcxx-dev libcxx-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 27 16:01:06 PDT 2020

[AE]
> currently, libc++ does not have filesystem support on Windows.
> Is that something that is being worked on? Is there a roadmap or
> something similar, for when filesystem support might be added on windows?

Like charconv, Microsoft would be happy to provide our filesystem implementation to libcxx. We've already done the time-consuming work of figuring out how to map the C++17 interface to the Windows API, and how to deal with Windows path syntax. And we have the same license. :-)

(We're still extremely busy finishing C++20, so while we can answer questions, we don't have enough spare capacity to drive development here.)

STL