[Libclc-dev] Why cannot compile source code libclc when flag define with "'nvptx--nvidiacl', 'nvptx64--nvidiacl'"

Chatsiri Ratana insiderboy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 04:03:53 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 9:30 PM, Lei Mou <lei.mou.uu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Chatsiri,
>
> IMHO may be it is caused by the version of your llvm. Since libclc has
> switched to support the nvptx backend (which is contained in llvm 3.1
> release) three days ago, if your llvm version is below 3.1, then the
> error make sense (since llvm cannot find the nvptx backend). Try to
> download a newer version of llvm or checkout the head version from
> llvm repository, and compile again.
>
> Regards,
> Lei Mou

Hello Lei Mou,

   I compile source code of LLVM version 3.1, but Openclc cannot built the
source codes those. LLVM version 3.1 show as below for new version after
checkout the head version from LLVM.

  LLVM (http://llvm.org/):
  LLVM version 3.1svn
  DEBUG build with assertions.
  Built Jun  5 2012 (16:09:51).
  Default target: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
  Host CPU: corei7

   How should I set flag of building with LLVM before compile Openclc?  See
error below.

$ make
LLVM-CC nvptx--nvidiacl/lib/convert.cl.bc
error: unknown target triple 'nvptx--nvidiacl', please use -triple or -arch
make: *** [nvptx--nvidiacl/lib/convert.cl.bc] Error 1

Thank you,
Chatsiri Rattana

http://about.me/chatsiri.ratana