[clangd-dev] Code completion overload folding

Ilya Biryukov via clangd-dev clangd-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 11 00:57:13 PDT 2018

Hi Sam,

I also agree that merging the results provides better experience overall,
if signature help is there. I think it's a clear win in almost all of the
cases, especially for functions that have lots of overloads.

Bundling cons:

 - complicated interactions with e.g. include insertion

One (the only) way out of this particular problem is merging only when
inserted includes are the same.

wrt to the signatures, if we start merging the results, maybe we could even
provide a user option to *not *show the signatures at all. They are often
noisy if the function contains more than few parameters.
I would personally be fine with exploring the function type with
signatureHelp and keeping completion list narrower. WDYT?