[cfe-dev] [Lldb-commits] Upcoming upgrade of LLVM buildbot

Reid Kleckner via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 12 11:39:17 PDT 2020

On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 4:32 PM Galina Kistanova via lldb-commits <
lldb-commits at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> They are online now - http://lab.llvm.org:8011/#/waterfall?tags=sanitizer
>
> AnnotatedCommand has severe design conflict with the new buildbot.
> We have changed it to be safe and still do something useful, but it will
> need more love and care.
>
> Please let me know if you have some spare time to work on porting
> AnnotatedCommand.

That's unfortunate, it would've been good to know that earlier. I and
another team member have spent a fair amount of time porting things to use
more AnnotatedCommand steps, because it gives us the flexibility to test
steps locally and make changes to the steps without restarting the buildbot
master. IMO that is the Right Way to define steps: a script that you can
run locally on a machine that satisfies the OS and dep requirements of the
script.

I am restarting the two bots that I am responsible for, and may need some
help debugging further issues soon. I'll let you know.