[cfe-dev] Clang Static Analyzer Question about Plists

Artem Dergachev via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 18 12:19:19 PST 2019

Yeah, plist format is slightly different. Instead of grey notes that
describe control flow as text, it describes control flow as "arrows"
from one point in the source code to another. Eg., instead of writing
"Taking true branch..." it'd list two (file, line, column) triples: one
at the end of the branch condition, the other at the beginning of the
true branch, and you can imagine this as an arrow from the first source
location to the second source location. You can see how it's supposed to
look on the top screenshot at http://clang-analyzer.llvm.org/

Hmm, there doesn't seem to be a way to override this decision right now.
You can try tweaking PlistDiagnostics::getGenerationScheme(), i.e.
change Extensive to Minimal, but i can't promise it won't crash when it
tries to generate anything.