[cfe-dev] Paragraph numbers in C++ tests

Bruno Ricci via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Apr 30 07:33:39 PDT 2019

On 29/04/2019 19:33, David Blaikie wrote:
> Even if they're updated to reflect current paragraph numbers, they'd
> still fall into disrepair in future standards & be hard to know which
> version they applied to. So I'd support adding C++ version numbers to
> them. At least on principle - but the reality/situations they're used
> in might make that awkward/problematic, I don't know.

I was thinking about the naming of tests for sections of the C++ standard.
For example the tests for [namespace.udecl] are:
  p1.cpp
  p3.cpp
  p4.cpp
  p5-cxx0x.cpp
  p6-cxx11.cpp
  p7.cpp
  p8.cpp
  p8-cxx0x.cpp
  p10.cpp
  p11.cpp
  p12.cpp
  p13.cpp
  p15.cpp
  p18.cpp

I think that naming the tests pn-cxxmm.cpp to mean, "paragraph pn of cxxmm"
is reasonable, with the understanding that naming a test p3-cxx17.cpp does not
mean that the corresponding rule is specific to C++17, just that it was written
against C++17.

Bruno