[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] LLVM C++14/C++17 BoF - Summary

JF Bastien via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 19 11:02:08 PDT 2018

> On Oct 19, 2018, at 10:03 AM, Keane, Erich via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the update Zachary!
> I indeed missed the LLVM-Dev meeting, so this is a welcome bit of news for me!
>
> I’m glad we decided to go with the cmake-warning mechanism.  Was there ever any discussion about a rolling warning system as I proposed here? https://reviews.llvm.org/D47073 <https://reviews.llvm.org/D47073>
>
> It had received positive feedback on the mailing list, though Chandler had/has some reservations.  IMO, it is a way of going about this that prevents this discussion from being so contentious in the future.

We talked about going with exactly your patch, modulo bikeshed on timeline and exact compiler versions. Chandler’s concerns (IIUC) are handled by Zachary.

> -Erich
>   <>

As we discussed, going to 17 seems ambitious but I’m happy if we do it! We’ll need to ban a few library features from C++17 because they’re not fully supported in those versions.