[cfe-dev] Building Clang on Windows

Dennis Luehring via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Oct 7 07:47:39 PDT 2018

im using VS2017 15.8.5 for building LLVM/clang, Release and Debug, Slow
Dual Core, Win7 x64 and 8GB RAM

im using current LLVM source + nested clang source from github mirror

my_root
    llvm_build
    llvm <-- git clone https://github.com/llvm-mirror/llvm
      tools
        clang <-- git clone https://github.com/llvm-mirror/clang

cd my_root

and these CMake build steps

cd llvm_build

cmake -Thost=x64 -G "Visual Studio 15 2017 Win64"
-DLLVM_TARGETS_TO_BUILD=host ..\llvm
(i see that "Win64" is missing in your examples)

then

cmake --build . --config Debug

or

cmake --build . --config Release

just works out of the box

(takes some time and is nearly swapping using VStudio IDE instead of
cmake--build to build)