[cfe-dev] Clang Static Analyzer supporting Cross Translation Unit

Aleksei Sidorin via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Feb 15 01:41:48 PST 2018

Hi Yingtong,

The work on integration of CTU into Clang Static Analyzer upstream is
still ongoing. There were some experimental prototypes and now, as I
know, Ericsson CodeChecker contains the most production-close version of
CTU.
You should note that it is still experimental and has a number of known
bugs and non-implemented functionality; however, we're working on fixing
them.

(+ Gabor).

15.02.2018 03:31, Yingtong Liu via cfe-dev пишет:
> Hi all,
>
> As far as I know, Clang static analyzer suported interprocedural
> analysis in one translation unit very well but not very good for the
> whole program interprocedural analysis.
>
> I got some primilary information about cross translation unit analysis
> online like this one:
> http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/cfe-dev/2017-March/053366.html. But it
> seems like it's still an exprimental work, and no more meterials are
> available.
>
> My work cares about interprocedural analysis a lot. I am kind of
> struggling on choosing tools to write checkers between clang analyzer
> and llvm pass. LLVM pass supports interprocedural analysis very well
> but they don't have a lot of checkers available like clang analyzer. I
> wonder will cross translation unit analysis in clang analyzer be
> supported very solidly in the furture? Is it a promising project that
> you might be interested putting effort on?
>
> I know it might be very expensive to support both path-sensitive and
> interprocedural analysis, especially for large systems. They may run
> out of memory. So I am curious if anyone is working on cross
> translation unit.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Best,
> Ying