[cfe-dev] Does SourceLocation need more documentation?

Sam McCall via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Apr 9 11:06:14 PDT 2018

I never felt that I completely understood the code I wrote/reviewed in
tools dealing with SourceLocation. And clangd has had several bugs that
boil down to wrong locations in the presence of macros.

I couldn't find a good guide for how to think about them, so I spent a
while reading the source code and wrote a tool to visualize them, which
helped me a lot:
  https://imgur.com/f3cXp7E
(black edges are expansion, yellow edges are source)

Did I miss some documentation of this concept?
Would it be worth writing up an article illustrated with some examples, to
add to llvm.org? Maybe this is niche or well-understood, interested in what
others think.