[cfe-dev] [RFC] Add include-what-you-use tool to clang-tools-extra

Kim Gräsman via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Sep 8 01:45:21 PDT 2017

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 1:47 PM, Manuel Klimek via cfe-dev
<cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Yea. One question is how much of the "use" part of iwyu that's already
> encoded in clang as part of modules we could re-use. The whole thing might
> be a lot simpler if we put in an interface to Sema to get at the full
> information while parsing, and implementing iwyu as "as-if" warnings.
> Ben did explore this for a bit, but I don't think it went anywhere.

Towards the end of his tenure with IWYU, csilvers mentioned an idea
like this, in passing, and I think it makes a lot of sense.

I'm not familiar/comfortable enough with Sema to make it happen, but
if a foundation and a few representative examples come up, I'd be more
than happy to help work on it.

- Kim