[cfe-dev] Setting default dialect to C++11

Tim Northover via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 19 15:42:31 PDT 2017

On 18 May 2017 at 19:38, Tim Northover <t.p.northover at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll see what I can do tomorrow. Hopefully I can at least get some
> numbers here by the end of the day. Possibly patches; what's our
> preferred solution to failures: fix the code (within reason), or
> -std=c++98?

I have some results on the regression tests now. There were 17 failures:

  + 4 Appeared to be testing older behaviour intentionally.
  + 3 crashes, all in ExprConstant.cpp, 2 possibly the same place.
  + 3 failures in operator new[] because C++14 now inserts an
implicit-cast to size_t for the array size. So some of our overflow
checks while CGing new disappear.
  + 6 failures because C++14 changes the rules on user-defined
literals which breaks _Complex literals.
  + 1 of the same for "half" literals.

That complex one seems to be an incompatiblity with GCC, which keeps
its builtin literals in gnu++14 mode (but not c++14 mode).

Tim.