[cfe-dev] Setting default dialect to C++11

Martin J. O'Riordan via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun May 21 13:09:21 PDT 2017

Thanks Richard,

Any chance the “Subject” could change to “RE: [cfe-dev] Setting default dialect to C++14”, simply to make it clear what is being discussed (I didn’t want to pre-emptively make such a change since I don’t own the discussion)?  I’m quite happy with the default being C++14, and for that matter, soon defaulting to C++17, but the discussion should be clear and unambiguous - IMO defaulting to tracking the current Standard is the better choice, with ‘-std=’ being used to specify an earlier Standard, or a proposed and experimental future standard.

            MartinO