[cfe-dev] Missing Static Analyzer rule descriptions

Rafai Norbert via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 28 00:05:18 PDT 2017

Dear Clang developers,

I have been trying to find some descriptions of the Static Analyzer rules used by the Clang-tidy. Although I've managed to find for several of them, there are still some for which I haven't. I have already searched on the clang-analyzer.llvm.org between the Available and Alpha checkers, as well as in the source code.

The ones I could not find description for:
* apiModeling.google.GTest
* core.DynamicTypePropagation
* core.builtin.BuiltinFunctions
* core.builtin.NoReturnFunctions
* cplusplus.NewDeleteLeaks
* cplusplus.SelfAssignment
* llvm.Conventions
* nullability.NullPassedToNonnull
* nullability.NullReturnedFromNonnull
* nullability.NullableDereferenced
* nullability.NullablePassedToNonnull
* nullability.NullableReturnedFromNonnull
* optin.cplusplus.VirtualCall
* optin.mpi.MPI-Checker
* optin.osx.cocoa.localizability.EmptyLocalizationContextChecker
* optin.osx.cocoa.localizability.NonLocalizedStringChecker
* optin.performance.Padding
* osx.NumberObjectConversion
* osx.ObjCProperty
* osx.cocoa.Dealloc
* osx.cocoa.Loops
* osx.cocoa.MissingSuperCall
* osx.cocoa.NonNilReturnValue
* osx.cocoa.ObjCGenerics
* osx.cocoa.SuperDealloc
* unix.StdCLibraryFunctions
* unix.Vfork

Could you please tell me where I could find descriptions for these?

Best regards,
Norbert