[cfe-dev] Address sanitizer memory usage

Michael Eisel via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 7 12:56:43 PST 2017

Hi,

I'm working on an iPhone app that rarely runs out of memory normally, but
with the address sanitizer on will crash after a couple minutes. I don't
remember it crashing this much with Xcode 8's version of clang, but in any
case I'm using Xcode 9 now. Although crashing after a couple minutes is
fine for testing during development, I would like to distribute the app to
internal testers with asan built into it, and I don't want to impact their
experience so much. Is there any simple way to reduce memory use, e.g. by
turning off some component of asan?

Thanks,
Michael