[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] a proposed script to help with test-suite programs that output _lots_ of FP numbers

Hal Finkel via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 29 14:55:07 PDT 2016

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Sebastian Pop" <sebpop.llvm at gmail.com>

Recording the output with -ffp-contract=on to use as a reference output does not seem useful, exactly for the reasons you specify. We should generate the reference outputs with -ffp-contract=off as we do now. That's the only good target-independent configuration. Maybe we could do this:

 - Have a reference output with -ffp-contract=off
 - Run program compiled with -ffp-contract=off and the default
 - Compare the former against the reference output for validation
 - Compare the latter (the default build) against the former with fpcmp with some tolerance

This also has the advantage that we still only need the hashed reference outputs in the repository.

 -Hal

--
Hal Finkel
Leadership Computing Facility