[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] a proposed script to help with test-suite programs that output _lots_ of FP numbers

Sebastian Pop via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 29 14:41:23 PDT 2016

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 4:32 PM, Hal Finkel <hfinkel at anl.gov> wrote:
> We don't want to lose the more-stringent test coverage just because that no longer might be the default mode. We'll also want, where practical, some looser test mode that will work regardless of the FP contraction setting. Both are important.

What about recording two golden files with fp-cotract=on and off, then
diff the output against both, and if none is similar enough error.
I see two problems with recording the output of fp-contract=on:
- based on the target there may be more or less contractions done,
- and also the results may vary over time as the compiler gets better
at folding.