[cfe-dev] [llvm-dev] improving test-suite`s FP subtests to be able to compare both exact-match outputs and more-optimized builds that may have different outputs due to FP optimizations

Renato Golin via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 3 01:59:01 PDT 2016

On 3 October 2016 at 03:56, Hal Finkel via cfe-dev
<cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> > The scripts in the zorg repository appear to be using "lnt runtest nt" (=
> > makefile system) rather than "lnt runtest test-suite" (=cmake/lit
> > test-suite). So the majority of bots is still on the makefiles I assume :-(
>
> Is there any reason we should not start transitioning that now?

My current reason to keep the LNT bots in "nt" mode instead of
"test-suite" mode is that I don't have a parser for the new log format
on Zorg.

The "nt" test.log file can tell me what kind of errors happened
without having to see the *whole* output, which is gigantic and takes
ages to load from the build master pages.

I had a task to implement that, but it got into the back-burner and
completely ignored for a number of months.

I'm not sure when I'll be able to resume it, so if anyone is feeling
charitable... :)

cheers,
--renato