[cfe-dev] How to link to "more docs" for clang-tidy checks

Manuel Klimek via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 9 01:31:56 PDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 11:22 PM Richard via cfe-dev <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org>
wrote:

> [Please reply *only* to the list and do not include my email directly
> in the To: or Cc: of your reply.  Thanks.]
>
> In article <
> CAK_tg0xg7mYqndkS9W1p9g8+AEDphMRwM+ni_s69NyqcSvWGFw at mail.gmail.com>,
>     Daniel Jasper via cfe-dev <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> writes:
>
> > I think we should first solve the internal documentation problem, i.e.
> > consider how we link to 3rd party documents later. For me, the important
> > question is where the documentation should actually live. I would prefer
> it
> > to live in the source files itself.
>
> Me too.

Note that I started this thread specifically to talk about documentation
that we don't want to maintain as part of our own source code, because it
is much too large for that (look at examples of the C++ core guidelines;
every check has a large text with lots of examples why it is enforced).

I don't think we want to maintain a copy of the C++ core guidelines in our
source code.