[cfe-dev] How to link to "more docs" for clang-tidy checks

Richard via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 8 14:19:04 PDT 2015

[Please reply *only* to the list and do not include my email directly
in the To: or Cc: of your reply.  Thanks.]

In article <CAK_tg0xg7mYqndkS9W1p9g8+AEDphMRwM+ni_s69NyqcSvWGFw at mail.gmail.com>,
    Daniel Jasper via cfe-dev <cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> writes:

> I think we should first solve the internal documentation problem, i.e.
> consider how we link to 3rd party documents later. For me, the important
> question is where the documentation should actually live. I would prefer it
> to live in the source files itself.

Me too.

When the recent commit was made that added the documentation for the
checks to the source tree, Alex and I discussed that it would be
better to have it extracted from source.

That way, you update the check and fix the comment in the source and
this ends up in the generated doxygen and the generated user
documentation all from a single source of truth.