[cfe-dev] tgmath.h

Javier Múgica javier_3 at runbox.com
Tue Jun 9 03:51:59 PDT 2015

On Tue, 9 Jun 2015 10:32:54 +0000, Daniel Sanders <Daniel.Sanders at imgtec.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not suitable to review the change but there's a couple things I can comment on to help you get your change reviewed.
>
> > That way tgmath can be used with, say, VS 2010, which is the one I am using,
> > so far without any problem.
>
> I believe there was a policy decision to support only the last two major releases of GCC, Clang, and Visual Studio and our getting started page (http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html#host-c-toolchain-both-compiler-and-standard-library) lists Visual Studio 2013 as being the minimum supported version. At the time the decision was made, this was necessary to be able to migrate to C++11.

One thing is the version of Visual Studio required for compiling Clang and another one the libraries with which Clang can be used. Since I have VS 2010, and I saw Visual Studio 2013 as being the minimum required version, I downloaded VS 2105 and built clang. Now I use clang with the VS 2010 libraries, and all my C projects have been compiled successfully. Note that only some headers form the VS 2010 distribution and the crt dll's are needed, so I can use in my code any feature not suported by VS 2010 as long as Clang supports it, so I can take advantage of most, if not all, C99 and C11 features even if I use VS 2010.

At any rate, support for complex numbers has been made optional in C11, so the guard is necessary. The other changes are not intended to be functional changes, just defining more helper macros for writing the repetitive generic function definitions. I will send a message to the cfe-commits as you explained me. thank you for your instructions.

Regards