[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] [RFC] Ideas on improving Compiler-RT CMake

Jonathan Roelofs jonathan at codesourcery.com
Tue Jun 2 14:03:06 PDT 2015

On 6/2/15 2:38 PM, Duncan P. N. Exon Smith wrote:

>> On 2015-Jun-01, at 19:47, Chris Bieneman <beanz at apple.com> wrote:
>>
>>> If we drop support for building compiler-rt with GCC, this gets even simpler. Compiler-rt is *Clang's* runtime library, after all.
>>
>> I don’t know if it is on the table to drop supporting compiler-rt with GCC, but that would dramatically simplify things.
>
> Weird, I'd assumed building compiler-rt with something other than
> clang was unsupported.  Maybe I'm missing something, but shouldn't
> the only supported configuration be building with the just-built
> clang?

The current default for an in-tree build is to build compiler-rt with
whatever compiler is being used to build Clang... sometimes that
compiler is GCC.

I agree though. We should always use the just-built Clang, and have that
behavior be opt-out (if folks need it), instead of opt-in as it is now.

Jon