[cfe-dev] Build system not picking up libc++?

David Chisnall David.Chisnall at cl.cam.ac.uk
Sun Jan 11 02:11:32 PST 2015

On 11 Jan 2015, at 06:25, Marc J. Driftmeyer <mjd at reanimality.com> wrote:

> If you've followed LLVM/Clang you'd know already that cmake is the defacto moving forward and has been for most of 2014.

This is true, yet the documentation (http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html) talk a lot about configure and very little about CMake.  I fairly frequently run into issues from people who have followed the instructions on the web site and discover that stuff doesn't appear quite as it should. If you *haven't* been following the mailing lists, there is nothing to indicate that configure is not the preferred way of building LLVM.

There's some good documentation for building with CMake somewhere, but it's not linked to from the getting started page, so I can't immediately find it.  I'd strongly recommend that someone who knows where it is copies the contents over the autoconf build instructions on the getting started page.

David