[cfe-dev] Proposal: Integrate static analysis test suites

Anna Zaks via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Dec 27 21:23:30 PST 2015

> On Dec 17, 2015, at 11:01 AM, <Alexander G. Riccio> <alexander at riccio.com> <Alexander G. Riccio> wrote:
>
> However, if the goal is to have the tests
> because you would like to make efforts to have the compiler diagnose
> their cases properly, that's far more interesting and a good reason to
> bring in the tests.
>
> That's exactly my intention. Improving the static analyzer to detect these cases, that will be interesting.
> placeholder text
>
> If the other tests are not clearly licensed, we
> should try to get NIST to clarify the license of them before
> inclusion.
>
> That sounds like the best idea, as a government agency, they almost certainly have lawyers.
>
> I think the next step is to integrate the working (error correctly diagnosed) tests, only those that are obviously in the public domain, and propose them as a big batched patch. This shouldn't itself be controversial.

Devin has started writing scripts for running additional analyzer tests as described in this thread:
http://clang-developers.42468.n3.nabble.com/analyzer-Adding-build-bot-for-static-analyzer-reference-results-td4047770.html

The idea was to check out the tests/projects from the existing repos instead of copying them. Would it be possible to do the same with these tests?

Sorry for not replying sooner!
Anna.