[cfe-dev] Proposal: Integrate static analysis test suites

<Alexander G. Riccio> via cfe-dev cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 17 11:01:53 PST 2015

> However, if the goal is to have the tests
> because you would like to make efforts to have the compiler diagnose
> their cases properly, that's far more interesting and a good reason to
> bring in the tests.

That's exactly my intention. Improving the static analyzer to detect these
cases, that will be interesting.
placeholder text

If the other tests are not clearly licensed, we
> should try to get NIST to clarify the license of them before
> inclusion.

That sounds like the best idea, as a government agency, they almost
certainly have lawyers.

I think the next step is to integrate the working (error correctly
diagnosed) tests, only those that are obviously in the public domain, and
propose them as a big batched patch. This shouldn't itself be
controversial.

How exactly do I submit a patch? I see that the LLVM developer policy says
to send it to the mailing list (cfe-commits), but I also see that Phabricator
comes into this somewhere
<http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/cfe-commits/Week-of-Mon-20151214/145026.html>
?

Sincerely,
Alexander Riccio
--
"Change the world or go home."
about.me/ariccio

<http://about.me/ariccio>
If left to my own devices, I will build more.
⁂