[cfe-dev] Clang 3.5 Release Pre-Pre-Pre-Announcement

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Fri May 16 11:20:07 PDT 2014

In article <4FBFE344-19A4-4A9A-9C93-AB9A4554D6CE at gmail.com>,
    Bill Wendling <isanbard at gmail.com> writes:

> Have you been sleeping poorly worried about the Clang 3.5 release? Well,
> this may help! The plan right now is to start testing in July with August
> as the target release month. There isn't a schedule yet, of course. But it
> should be a goodly amount of time for all y'all to prepare for the release
> process.
>
> If you have any questions, please let me know. If you'd like to volunteer
> to be a tester, also let me know. :-)

I have some packaging changes I'd like to see in place for the 3.5
packaging.  The changes include some more utilities in the package for
refactoring tool developers and there is an issue with the way the
Windows packages are being built that causes them to omit many of the
things in the unix packages.  Again, this is to make it easier to
write refactoring tools.