[cfe-dev] Clang 3.5 Release Pre-Pre-Pre-Announcement

Alp Toker alp at nuanti.com
Fri May 16 11:49:24 PDT 2014

On 16/05/2014 21:20, Richard wrote:
> In article <4FBFE344-19A4-4A9A-9C93-AB9A4554D6CE at gmail.com>,
>      Bill Wendling <isanbard at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Have you been sleeping poorly worried about the Clang 3.5 release? Well,
>> this may help! The plan right now is to start testing in July with August
>> as the target release month. There isn't a schedule yet, of course. But it
>> should be a goodly amount of time for all y'all to prepare for the release
>> process.
>>
>> If you have any questions, please let me know. If you'd like to volunteer
>> to be a tester, also let me know. :-)
> I have some packaging changes I'd like to see in place for the 3.5
> packaging.  The changes include some more utilities in the package for
> refactoring tool developers and there is an issue with the way the
> Windows packages are being built that causes them to omit many of the
> things in the unix packages.  Again, this is to make it easier to
> write refactoring tools.

So far the idea with the Windows installer has been to provide a
toolchain rather than a complete SDK, but it'd be nice to see if we can
head in that direction, perhaps with a separate SDK package.

CC'ing in Hans who has opinions on this.

Which files did you want to include specifically?

Alp.

--
http://www.nuanti.com
the browser experts