[cfe-dev] clang 3.5 branching and clang-openmp merge

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Tue Jul 22 11:41:29 PDT 2014

Jack,

The standard release process is that release is time-based, not
feature based (with known timeframe in advance). So, OpenMP patches
have good chances to go in 3.6 (if they will be committed there,
surely) and there is nothing bad here.

The rush of getting code into the release branch IMO seriously affects
the quality of the code. So, it's much better to have "OMP bits are
not yet included fully" instead of "we merged all the stuff in a
hurry, stuff should work, but it was neither tested, nor reviewed". In
case of OpenMP there are many important questions which need to be
answered, e.g. the runtime library.

With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov