[cfe-dev] Clang-cl.exe and the VC++ preprocessor

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Mon Jul 14 09:00:43 PDT 2014

In article <lpu4k5$pu3$1 at ger.gmane.org>,
    Edward Diener <eldlistmailingz at tropicsoft.com> writes:

> The fact that the VC++ preprocessor can silently produce invalid macro
> output has never been acknowledged by Microsoft any more than the fact
> that their preprocessor does not follow the C++ standard.

Does anyone have connect bug report URLs so we can all go vote them up?

Wouldn't it be better in the long-run if MS fixed their preprocessor
so that we have i) a better built-in PP for MSVC and we can drop
workarounds in Boost.PP, and ii) less contortions we have to put into
clang in order to parse Windows header files?