[cfe-dev] Build-bot host compiler upgrades and C++11!

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 22:03:29 PST 2014

On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 9:42 PM, Nico Weber <thakis at chromium.org> wrote:

> Clang 3.1
>>>

>> Is libc++ going to be a requirement on OS X (i.e. clang 3.5+ won't run on
>> OS X versions older than 10.7), or will using the newest libstdc++
>> available on OS X (4.2) be ok too?
>>

> ^ ping

This one is less clear. Practically, the answer may be yes. But I don't see
any fundamental reason why libstdc++4.7 wouldn't work if compiled and
installed on OS X. Similarly for GCC 4.7. I just don't think that that is a
widespread configuration so I suspect it will be less tested on the build
bots, etc.