[cfe-dev] -ast-dump-xml flag

Alp Toker alp at nuanti.com
Mon Apr 21 16:41:27 PDT 2014

Hi Spyros,

XML dumping features have been removed because they were made redundant
by clang's library architecture.

The preferred way to consume AST programmatically is via libclang. You
could process this and emit XML from your application if needed.

For debugging you can also use the textual -ast-dump but be aware it may
be missing bits.

Alp.

On 22/04/2014 00:25, Spyros Hadjichristodoulou wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been trying to get the Clang-AST from compiling a simple C source
> file; the -ast-dump flag works just fine, but I'm having trouble with
> the -ast-dump-xml flag. A quick google search says that it should work
> when using Clang built in debug mode, but I don't seem to be able to
> make it work. So my question is this; is this flag supported in the
> current version of Clang? FYI, I've just built Clang from the SVN repo
> source, so my version is:
>
> clang version 3.5.0 (trunk 206772)
> Target: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
> Thread model: posix
>
> I'm on a 64-bit ubuntu, with kernel 3.8.0-29 generic. Any help would
> be mostly appreciated!
>
> Best,
>
> Spyros

http://www.nuanti.com