[cfe-dev] -ast-dump-xml flag

Spyros Hadjichristodoulou hlektrologos at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 16:25:56 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I've been trying to get the Clang-AST from compiling a simple C source
file; the -ast-dump flag works just fine, but I'm having trouble with the
-ast-dump-xml flag. A quick google search says that it should work when
using Clang built in debug mode, but I don't seem to be able to make it
work. So my question is this; is this flag supported in the current version
of Clang? FYI, I've just built Clang from the SVN repo source, so my
version is:

clang version 3.5.0 (trunk 206772)
Target: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix

I'm on a 64-bit ubuntu, with kernel 3.8.0-29 generic. Any help would be
mostly appreciated!

Best,

Spyros