[cfe-dev] patch: scan-build/set-xcode-analyzer

Ted Kremenek kremenek at apple.com
Mon Apr 21 07:20:24 PDT 2014

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the patch!

On Apr 15, 2014, at 1:45 PM, Jeff Olson <jolson474 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The set-xcode-analyzer python script has a bug that prevents it from working with Xcode 5.x because the path returned from the call to xcode-select ends in a trailing /  (and also a newline, if anyone cares).  In any case, as a result, when line 103 attempts to trim off the /Developer portion of the path using os.path.dirname, it instead only trims off the last / and as a result the script is unable to modify the xcspec file under Xcode.app/Contents/PlugIns/.

Interesting.  I’m not seeing that behavior myself.  For me xcode-select prints out a path that does not end in a trailing ‘/‘.

> There are multiple ways to fix this, but I thought that calling .rsplit on the right-most /Developer was the most direct way of implementing what the comment describes as the intended action.
>
> From reading the site, my understanding is that mailing the attached svn diff output as a patch file is the best way to contribute fixes back.  Let me know if there is anything else I can do.
>
> Thanks!
> Jeff Olson

Your interpretation is correct.  I’m wondering why there is a discrepancy between what you and I are seeing with the output of xcode-select, but the patch seems safe and does address the problem you are seeing.

Committed in r206752!