[cfe-dev] patch: scan-build/set-xcode-analyzer

Jeff Olson jolson474 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 13:45:00 PDT 2014

The set-xcode-analyzer python script has a bug that prevents it from working with Xcode 5.x because the path returned from the call to xcode-select ends in a trailing /  (and also a newline, if anyone cares).  In any case, as a result, when line 103 attempts to trim off the /Developer portion of the path using os.path.dirname, it instead only trims off the last / and as a result the script is unable to modify the xcspec file under Xcode.app/Contents/PlugIns/.

There are multiple ways to fix this, but I thought that calling .rsplit on the right-most /Developer was the most direct way of implementing what the comment describes as the intended action.

From reading the site, my understanding is that mailing the attached svn diff output as a patch file is the best way to contribute fixes back.  Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Thanks!
Jeff Olson