[cfe-dev] Clang-format ideas

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Thu Oct 10 01:59:58 PDT 2013

Hi Kim,

Daneil Jasper (CC'd) has done a lot of changes on the clang-format tool, he
might be of some help.

On 10 October 2013 07:41, Kim Gräsman <kim.grasman at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) As far as I can tell the indentation for continuation lines is
> always 4. Is there a strong reason, or could we add a style option for
> it?

I don't see why it should be a fixed option. Looks like no one bothered
changing. ;)

2) We have a slightly unusual standard for namespace declarations,
> where we nest them on one line,

This is odd, but, aren't we all? ;)

> I'd love to put some time into this if it seems like good ideas.

I was not involved in the project, but I can't see why it wouldn't be a
good idea to improve such a good tool even further.

cheers,
--renato