[cfe-dev] Clang-format ideas

Kim Gräsman kim.grasman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 23:41:44 PDT 2013

Hi there,

We've recently started using clang-format, and have run into some
places where our coding standard won't fit.

Would you accept patches for the following ideas?

1) As far as I can tell the indentation for continuation lines is
always 4. Is there a strong reason, or could we add a style option for
it?
2) We have a slightly unusual standard for namespace declarations,
where we nest them on one line, e.g.

  namespace foo { namespace bar { namespace baz {

  class Quux {};

  }}}

It looks like this is related to both BreakBeforeBraces and
NamespaceIndentation, but probably a third option...
NamespaceDeclsOnOneLine?

I'd love to put some time into this if it seems like good ideas.

Thanks,
- Kim